- Sphero Maze: to experience coding and robots available.
- What's Happening at YOUR Library: to see what's going on, with the hopes of them joining in!
- We Trust You: to review library expectations.
- Turangawaewae: to know that they are supported and recognized.
- Weeded Book Button Making: to experience one makerspace tool/opportunity, hopefully encouraging them to try more!
- Banned Books Video: to consider book banning and to learn to how to use the Doink green screen app, the video production space and equipment.
- Mock Unit Lunch Sign In: to know that they can visit the library during Unit Lunch and how it happens.
Goosechase: You are allowed to have 5 teams for one game using a free educator account. We had 4-5 students per team which was OK, however I would have preferred 3 students per team. I didn't realize that you have to record video or take pics for evidence directly from the Goosechase App; you can't upload files. This caused a problem with both the Sphero and Banned Books Video "missions". I have six ipads in the library, but the wifi didn't connect for one of them. I had asked to borrow additional ipads, however I didn't get them in time. Next time, I would like to have one additional ipad set up for each Sphero station and for use with the green screens. My directions would ask students to record the coded Sphero and themselves while creating the banned book video and then upload these recordings to Goosechase. Also, it's important to know that students can only add one submission per question and videos are limited to 15 seconds...this one they need to up!
Supplies: We ran out of mylar button/pin covers the last class that met! We have a lot more of the other pin making parts but I can't seem to find a way to just order the thin plastic mylar covers!
Spheros: Some groups were having difficulty connecting the Sphero; for some reason it wasn't showing up in bluetooth settings on the ipad. The Good news: my English teacher colleague is thinking about using them for a project related to The Odyssey!
Missed Learning Opportunity: I really wanted to include something with VR, AR or MR, but I couldn't get it together in time. We do have access to a few Oculus Go's, Merge cubes and about 20 VR Headsets with Samsung phones, (although the phones can't be updated and the headsets don't have clickers!). Also, I might have included reflective questions for students to answer in the videos they submitted. along with their submissions.