- "We're not teaching (media literacy) enough...it's not a mandate in our education system...we're doing a lot of people a disservice."
- "I take issue with the coversation about Fake News...the information landscape is much broader than, 'is this fiction or is this fact?"...we have to have more nuanced conversations...media literacy helps us see those in between areas"
- "We have to ask questions about the media we're consuming and creating...what's the purpose of the message? who made the message? what values are they communicating? what's missing from the message? how do different people interpret the message?"
- "We really need to be good at doing (this) with everything (we consume)"
- "We have to be willing to think and ask questions"
My friend Michelle Lipkin, Executive Director of NAMLE, met with CNN's Brian Seltrzer this morning to share an important message:
Student Book ReCs